2010-02-04

Seven: Update #5

This week brings about the wrap of Day 2, which isn't a good day for David.


Added
Chapter 1.05: A few things happen to David at the hospital... and all of them are important. (I swear!)


This chapter was probably the hardest I've written in some time. Day 2 in general was a hard day to get through. I usually dread dialogue heavy chapters, but this wasn't that kind of hard. Day 2 is more about the things that are happening to David (mostly outside of his control), how he deals with these things, and what becomes of them. But just like the ending of NYC, I wanted to word everything just right.


I also made a few discoveries about Wolf and what Seven Days is really about (below the surface) beyond what I had planned in the summary so I'm really excited to see where this goes!


You may also see a little change in how I structure the dialogue. Inspired by a blog article on dialogue, I started using a better format. Some of my updates (to Seven Days and, eventually, NYC) in the future will reflect this style more.

No comments: