2009-04-27

Everything in its Place

Okay, so some of you may have noticed something a little different in the doc in last week's update... in the Table of Contents, perhaps? Yes, instead of just adding the title of the next chapter (for a little teaser), I added up through chapter 14. The significance of this is that chapter 14 is the last chapter of NYC! Yes, we're almost there! I am quite excited to be finishing this story up. I've been thinking about chapter 12 a bit lately as it's getting completely re-worked from my original idea for it. (Don't worry; my revision is better than the original idea!) But I still have to get chapter 11 done first. Although it's hard not to think about chapters 12-14 as we close in on them and the end is in sight.

But, the light at the end of the tunnel (finishing this part) is another tunnel (the next part I'm writing)!

The Order of Things
With the end approaching on this part of The Wolf Saga, I've been thinking about which part to do next. As I've said, I do want to finish the first half (1-4) before moving on to the second half (5-8). And I came to the conclusion that I still don't know if I'm ready for Seven Days (part 1), so that leaves Aftermath (part 2) and The Rookie (part 4). I did have an idea to put it to a vote between these two and was curious what people would vote for. Eventually, I just decided to do Aftermath after finishing NYC. Basically, I didn't want to put The Rookie (4) out there without having The Project (5) immediately after because... well, I won't get into specifics but it would potentially be confusing and I didn't want that.

So, with all that out, this pretty much solidified the order in which I'll be writing the saga. Here it is: 3, 2, 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. After thinking of the overall story arcs of 4 through 8, I pretty much concluded they would best be presented in order.

This Week's Update
Anyway, more pressing is the matter of finishing NYC. So, this week, you'll definitely be getting Ch. 10 (Explanation) and possibly Ch. 11 (Safe House) if I finish it and feel it's ready for release. I don't have any updates planned right now but something might pop up before Thursday.

No comments: