2009-04-04

Experience New York City

As most of you know, I Love NYC is part 3 of 8 in The Wolf Saga. It takes place over a warm summer night in the City when an assassin's (Wolf's) girlfriend is kidnapped and he goes on a rampage across the City to get her back.


Genre
I'd classify it in the action genre, if I had to place it. But it has elements of a thriller, while he tries to figure things out; and a little sci-fi but only because it takes place in 2034 so I wanted to show some 'newer' technology. Sure, some of the things I mention might be possible or even available now, but I want to show it being very common in the world Wolf inhabits.


Why start with NYC?
For some reason, I find starting at the beginning hard. I guess with that first step, and seeing the entire journey in front of me, it is quite intimidating as it is certainly no small task. So, starting at part 3 (could have been any of them really) was a nice way to just get started on something without the intimidation of starting at the very beginning. I haven't decided which part I'll go to after I finish NYC but it will be in the first half. I'm going to get 1-4 done before moving on to 5-8, where the Saga switches into more sci-fi. I also added a permanent link on the right in the About Me section.


Goals
One of my primary goals with NYC right now is to just finish it. Then I have some things that I'm planning on adding afterwards. I'd like to add a bit more technology. I also want to include a bit more of location and where the characters are; I do in some areas, but want to make it more uniform throughout. Last but not least, in the grand scheme of things, some major world events have taken place within 8-12 months prior to this story and, regardless of the characters' opinions, they should be talking about it some way or there should be a reference in some other way.


Comments
Lastly, if you have any questions or comments about the story, plot, or action, please let me know. For example, some one asked me about Wolf's escape in chapter 1, citing it seemed too easy and that he'd "seen a lot of CSI and there's a lot of security cameras" and such. Certainly a valid point I had just glazed over, not really thinking too much about it. And it was something I could have just added a few sentences to handle, but as I was writing it just flowed and expanded and ended up being a few paragraphs. So, while I do appreciate comments like 'This is good' or 'Thanks, but its not really my thing,' some point I missed or quickly glossed over is also helpful.


Thanks for reading.



No comments: