2009-05-14

Necessary Distractions

So, I was running a bit behind this morning when posting while rushing off to work and I didn't have time to comment on the new chapter.  So, I figured I'll do it now.  And I'll try to remain as spoiler free as possible.

In the chapter, basically, Wolf meets up with Elle at The Father's warehouse and they discuss various options for getting in.  I really enjoyed writing this chapter; it kinda surprised in how fun it was.  The fun for me was coming up with the job names (most of which I did while drinking at a bar a couple weeks ago!) and the various reasons why each couldn't be done.  Leaving out select info, inferring things about certain jobs, and showing reactions to certain jobs were all the thrills that made this a memerable chapter to write.  With a lot of things in my writing, there are many referances to movies, music, and even real people.  How many did you catch?  (Perhaps a later blog post will detail where all the names came from, if there is any intrest.)

Heavy dialoge chapters like this one (see also: 3, 6, 7, & 10) are typically ones that I dread doing and procastinate a bit but once I actually start writing it, it flows easily (sometimes) and I tend to come up with more than I had planed.  Fortanetly, there is only one more to go (14)!

Well, I hope you're enjoying the story!  Have a good one

No comments: